FACILITATING & TEAM WORKING~
What is facilitating?
In its simplest form, facilitating is like putting a toy train on the tracks and giving it a push. You decide where to place new tracks, points and signal boxes. The facilitator simply ensures the train keeps moving forwards.
Business facilitating can be any of these:
- We will chair your meeting as an impartial observer.
- We will manage a brainstorming session by using a variety of techniques e.g. Mind mapping
- We can become a “mystery shopper” and report back to the board, supervisors and people at the “front end” and advise what they are doing right and what they could do even better.
- Fantoni works, among others, with medical professionals, the financial services sector and retail businesses to help them improve their bedside/customer manner.
- We decipher business plans, marketing plans and documents written by consultants and show you what is relevant.
People work better when they function together as a team. At Fantoni we work with individuals to allow them to feel part of a team and we work with the whole team to ensure that all participants are working towards the same goals and are committed to the same agenda.
Some Team working principles.
TEAMWORK REQUIRES MUTUAL RESPECT. It is fundamental for a player/participant, no matter how good he/she is, to respect his or her teammates’ work and be at their disposal. Only a team with this ethos can achieve success.
TEAMWORKERS ALL HAVE SOMETHING VALID TO CONTRIBUTE Nobody – neither a player or coach – should feel superior because of past achievements.
TEAM SUCCESS DEPENDS ON COLLECTIVE ENDEAVOUR Phrases such as “I’ve already done this…” or “I’ve already won that…” are out of place. An excess of individualism is a huge obstacle to the construction of a team.
THE ROLE OF THE COACH IS TO FACILITATE THE WORK OF TEAM. The coach’s task is not about teaching (as the players often have greater individual skill in some areas than the coach), but rather in advising and guiding participants to understand where and when to use their natural skills. These natural skills alone rarely enable a team to win, it is their combination that makes for success.
SUCCESS REQUIRES HARD WORK.
- To keep winning is very difficult.
- A team member has to be able to share both failure and success.
- Team members should be prepared to make great sacrifices.
TEAMS LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES
Mistakes must be dealt with on a daily basis. Winners are not those who do not commit errors, but those who learn from their mistakes, They are also capable of recognising patterns that lead to errors and breaking those patterns when they are about to re-occur.
TEAMWORK IS ABOUT SOLVING PROBLEMS COLLECTIVELY.
The correction of mistakes does not concern team workers individually, but the entire group. It is a collective process.